"Thousands of tired, nerve-shaken, over-civilized people are beginning to find out going to the mountains is going home; that wilderness is a necessity...”
- John Muir
Our Patrol Leader Council plans the activities for each camp out!
We always need parents to drive!!
The costs (to cover food and transportation ) of our camping trips are:
$10 backpacking--bring your own food
$20 one night camping
$25 for two nights camping
- What to bring on a camp out depends on what the Troop is doing (backpacking, car camping), what the season is, etc.
- Never wear cotton on backpacking trips
- Remember the Scout motto: "Be Prepared!" Scouts bring rain gear even if it is not forecast to rain. See the "Scout Basic Outdoor Essentials" below
- Consult the Scout Handbook for a basic guide to what to bring hiking and camping.
- Troop Gear: The Troop has cooking gear, stoves, and tents the Scouts may use. Each Patrol plans the meals and brings the food and a "Patrol Box" containing the Patrol camping gear, such as stove, pots and pans, cleanup materials, etc.
- Food: Typically, the Patrol plans their meals for a trip. One Scout per patrol is designated "Grub Master" and will buy the meal the Patrol has planned. For backpacking trips, Scouts bring their own food.