News‎ > ‎

Caving Trip Postponed

posted Jan 20, 2016, 7:33 AM by Scoutmaster Troop770   [ updated Jan 20, 2016, 7:34 AM ]
With the impending snow-doom descending on Virginia, David Tillar and I (along with our caving guide) have decided to reschedule the caving trip. I will let you know the new date.

I really hate to cancel a camping trip, and I think this is the first trip in all of my time with Troop 770 that we have had to cancel with no alternate camping or activity plans for the weekend. The forecast has not improved or changed, and it is obviously not safe for us to drive the Scouts into the mountains with potential snow/ice on the roads both here and there.

That being said, we have had a great response to David Tillar's request for Scout volunteers to help shovel certain RRPC members' houses. Those of you who have volunteered, be ready to help Friday/Saturday!! David Tillar will contact you.

Also, let me know if you did not receive the Google Groups email.

David Bernhardt
Scoutmaster